We are looking for a self-starter who can lead a team of four or more field technicians. Interaction with customers, attention to detail, perform consistent quality work, manage productivity and complete work on time. Manage payroll hours, promote safety and constant communication plays a key role in this position. Must be computer literate with necessary ability to develop, close and manage all types of quoted work. Will be necessary to train new hires, manage performance and administer performance reviews. Green Air EnvironmentalTM is a smoke-free in workplace and within facilities.
- Works with project managers to coordinate activities to provide services to meet client needs.
Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Ensures work performed follows state, local and federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics.
- Ensures team members adhere to all safety standards.
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for executing teams on assigned projects. Lead and develop others.
- Ensures project documents are completed with accuracy and on time, such as site photos, swab analysis and reporting.
- Involved in recruitment, training, development and performance management.
- Demonstrated history of delivering outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills.
- Keeps all appropriate parties informed
- Inventory management and control
- Actively participates in setting up equipment at job site.
- Accessing rooftops from the outside or inside of buildings with the use of ladders, stairs or hatches.
- Closely follow company provided schedules to satisfy customer service requirements and meet completion of job tasks.
- Seeks to improve quality in all aspects of work performance.
- Conforms to the highest professional standards in achieving results.
- Daily equipment inspection. Organize company vehicle and inventory to always reflect cleanliness and professionalism
- Work is complete, accurate, on time and cost effective
- Adhering to company safety standards while on the job site and while operating company provided equipment. Always wears personal protective equipment. Shows awareness and reports any safety issues on the job.
- Reporting any site safety issues to the Team Leader immediately when noted.
- Demonstrates concern for clients within or outside the organization
- Reports to work on time, have outstanding attendance and daily use of timekeeping system
- Necessary to be flexible and open to travel requirements within respective region. Adhering to company provided travel budget.
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience as a supervisor/manager.
- Experience with hiring, performance management or scheduling preferred.
- Degree preferred but not required. Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC certification, preferred but not required • Must have impeccable driving record and able to drive company vehicle • Have access to desktop or laptop computer and smartphone • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint • Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication • Ability to appropriately delegate tasks and responsibilities • Relates well to a diverse range of people and working styles • Solid organizational skills • Experience in a customer service, field service, or similar environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience must possess a strong comfort level regarding heights and ladders. Ladders have a safety rating of 225 lbs.
- Able to lift 50-75 lbs. daily and an assisted lifting weight of up to 600 lbs.
- Able to comfortably perform repetitive bending, twisting, climbing ladders and lifting while executing service work.
- This position may require overnight travel. Occasionally up to 2 weeks. Overnight expenses will be covered by the company.
- Tools and equipment will be provided by the company.
- Must be able to pass extensive background verification
- Travel: up to 50%.
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company match
- 32-40 hours per week
- Work from home, report to work site
- Paid travel expenses
- 2 weeks paid vacation + holiday + sick
- Exposure to adverse conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to high, precarious places.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Protective clothing or equipment is required including: hard-hat, N95 mask, work boots, protective eyewear and safety vest.
HazMat suits provided if neededGreen Air EnvironmentalTM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law<